Last Modified: November 25, 2020
Dark and Normal Matters., a California limited liability company (the “Company”, “we”, or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. We refer to any person accessing or using this website as “you”, “your”, or the “User”.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website;
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic exchanges between you and the Website; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is to refrain from using our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Types of Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, home or postal address, date of birth, telephone number, credit card number, and bank account number (collectively the “Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as anonymous comments, reviews, or text; and/or
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
4. How We Collect This Information
a) Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website (if applicable), subscribing or donating to our service(s), subscribing to our mailing list(s) or publication(s), posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website in which you may be required to provide financial information through our Website; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively the “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons if you choose to share this information publicly or with other Users.
To the extent that you disclose to us any personal information of another individual, we assume that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure of such personal information as well as the processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
b) Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, if any;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
6. How We Disclose Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information other than as described below.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others – which may include exchanging information with other companies, organizations, and law enforcement for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
However, we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
8. Duplicate Users
California law permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by California’s “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
9. Data Security
Be advised that all payment transactions through the Website are encrypted using SSL technology. We use Stripe/PayPal (which is fully PCI-compliant ) as a payment gateway to facilitate donations and other online transactions.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
10. Notice to Users from the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
12. Contact Information